At The Cathedral Hotel we recognise the potential effect of our operations on the local, regional and global environment and we are committed to minimising and controlling our impact on the environment through a series of continuous improvements.
We will strive to improve our environmental performance and to prevent pollution by achieving the standards set by the Green Tourism Business Scheme - www.green-business.co.uk
We are committed to meeting the requirements of all relevant legislation and regulations and where no legislation exists, we will set our own minimum standards.
- We will encourage and support our ‘Green Team’ to identify ways to reduce our carbon footprint and to implement eco-friendly policies
- We will source food locally as much as possible
- We will work with our suppliers to reduce transport and packaging
- Our energy, water and paper use will be monitored and controlled to reduce consumption at every opportunity
- We will endeavour to recycle our waste and to purchase recycled goods wherever possible