The Cathedral Hotel is reopening
We are excited to announce that The Cathedral Hotel is reopening on Friday 18th September.
The welfare of our guests and our team is always our first priority. So when you are able to visit us again you can do this feeling assured that we have in place all the precautions to minimise the spread of Covid-19 and keep you safe. We have been accredited with a “We’re Good to Go” industry mark from Visit Britain. This means we are following government and industry Covid-19 guidelines and have a Risk Assessment in place and a process to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.
So although elements of our service will be different, we are committed to making sure that our teams are well-equipped, well trained and, as ever, ready to provide a warm welcome.
When You Check In
- We will be minimising contact with screens at our reception desk; your room key card will already be sanitised for you to collect; we encourage payment by card; and for you to observe any one way systems and social distancing space from any other guests not in your party and our team.
- It is mandatory for you to wear face masks in the public areas of the hotel which include reception and corridors, but face masks are not required in the restaurant or bar.
In Your Room
- We have removed soft furnishings and some toiletries to minimise contamination.
- All of our rooms are left vacant for 24 hours after a guest leaves when possible and are left with the windows open during this period.
- All areas of your room including hair dryers, remote controls and switches will be deep cleaned and sanitised before your stay.
- Please note that your room will not be serviced if you are staying for more than two days to help us minimise contact. Tea, coffee, milk etc refills are available – please as at Reception.
- Our teams will be temperature checked each day.
- Our employees have all completed Covid-19 training which emphasises that hygiene, safety and cleanliness is the top priority – as well as making sure our guests feel comfortable and welcome with these new measures we have in place.
- Breakfast is served between 7am and 9am Monday to Friday and 8am to 10am Saturday and Sunday.
- We are offering a plated full English breakfast which you can request in our socially distanced Restaurant or in your room.
- Alternatively we offer a grab and go breakfast which can be ordered from Reception the night before and will be left at the Restaurant collection point at your desired time.
- All areas of the hotel undergo regular deep cleaning and key touch point areas are sanitised throughout each day.
- We have been accredited with a “We’re Good to Go” industry mark from Visit Britain.
Back to Latest News